Yes hold your breathe, because at Rs 1.87 lakh per square feet this is India’s most expensive real estate deal that took place just 10 days ago in Mumbai’s Breach Candy area.
By Varun Singh
Hold your breathe because this is the most expensive real estate deal that took place in the recent past in the country.
A flat in Mumbai’s Breach Candy was sold for Rs 1.87 lakh per square feet.
This deal took place in the building named 9A Residence, and is located in the tony Breach Candy area of South Mumbai.
Malabar hill, Altamount road, Breach Candy are the most expensive real estate area of Mumbai as well as India.
The flat is located on the 15th floor of and is unit number 1101.
The seller is Sushil Kothari, whereas the new buyers are Nita Joshi and Abhijit Joshi.
The flat has been sold for Rs 49 crore, whereas the area of the flat is 2,615 square feet, when calculated comes to a whooping Rs 1,87 lakh per square feet.
This is the highest per square feet rate that has been paid by any home buyer in the recent history of real estate.
According to data provided by Indextap.com the stamp duty paid for the real estate deal stand at Rs 2.45 crore. Abhijit Joshi is a reputed name in the legal fraternity.
The deal was registered on September 16 and along with the apartment the owner also has access to four car parks in the building.
Some Big Ticket Deals
- Jiten Doshi and Hetal Doshi, Jiten a reputed and well known name in the Capital Markets had bought a flat for Rs 61 crore in 33 South, Peddar Road, the per square feet rate was Rs 1.66 lakh. This deal took place in February.
- Business tycoon Anurang Jain bought an apartment in Carmichael Residencies in 2020 for Rs 1.56 lakh per square feet.
- The Daftary’s bought an apartment in 2020 in Carmichael Residencies for Rs 1.58 lakh per square feet.
- The Motilal Oswal Family Trust paid Rs 1.48 lakh per square feet in 33 South, Peddar Road in 2020.
- Sadbhav Land Pvt Ltd’s Arjun Betkekar paid Rs 1.13 lakh per square feet for a flat in Carmichael Residencies in January 2021